CFAHU December 2012 Newsletter
December Meeting Information
Legislative Report December 2012
Future of PPACA Not Clear
Despite the fact that the re-election of President Obama secured the political future of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and full repeal of the law is currently officially off the table, that doesn’t mean that the law’s future in the courts is clear.
- Supreme Court Ordered 4th Circuit to hear challenge by Liberty University. (Religious Freedom, Unconstitutional)
- This is just one of many cases concerning similar issues
- New Hampshire has chosen Federal facilitated exchange, but might revisit
- Arkansas has been working for more than a year on their exchange.
- Michigan previously agreed to a partnership exchange with the Federal Government
- Virginia has held off hoping for Supreme Court to rule unconstitutional or Republican win in November. Likelihood of State Run exchange slim.
- Undecided states are Arizona, Florida, Idaho, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah and W. Virginia.
Dinner 5:30 PM Vinton’s
Play 8:00 PM Icehouse Theatre
How Much: Dinner $20* per person
Play $20** per person
*Dinner includes Salad, Choice of 3 Entree’s, Garlic rolls; choice of 3 deserts, non-alcoholic beverages, tax and tip. Wine is available as a separate charge.
** Limited to the first 30 to sign up.