My fellow CFAHU members,Click for details and to register. We have been busy with community service as well! This year we were able to make our annual donation of turkeys to the Sharing Center, toys for children in need to Loaves and Fishes, and April 1 will be co-hosting our annual Golf Tournament with proceeds going to The Russell Home! Our chapter also received the esteemed Gold Certification standard from NAHU for 2022. Our Board, Members, Sponsors and Visitors have made our chapter what it is – one that others look to as the gold standard. As our mission states: The Central Florida Association of Health Underwriter’s Ongoing Commitment Is To Professionally Represent Ourselves, Our Membership, And The Health Care Consumers We Serve Through Advocacy, Education, Ethics And Communications. Thank you to all for your continued support, service and friendship! Jennifer LaTour, JD, MPS-HRER, CHRS CFAHU Chapter PresidentAs the current year draws to an end in June, I wanted to send an update on how we, as a chapter, have done this year. As I expressed at the beginning of my tenure, I am so lucky to be surrounded by such a supportive Board, predecessors and members! Starting a new year always comes with some challenges, but our Chapter and organization has risen to the occasion! We have been able to hold our local monthly Membership Meetings in person and virtually. Purchasing technology to continue to offer a virtual option for those members who cannot make it in-person was probably the best decision made during these uncertain times! It has enhanced the member experience and allowed us to have speakers we may not have had otherwise. Speaking of speakers, our CFAHU programs so far this year have been great! In September we were once again able to hold our Vendor Tradeshow, where we had a great showing of vendor and member participation. So far our speakers have covered topics such as compliance, fundamentals of group disability insurance, underwriting considerations, and risk analysis, as well as legislative updates. We kicked 2022 off with an in-person presentation given by Eugene Starks, current NAHU President, had great speakers on Compliance and Supplemental plans, and have another tradeshow coming in May! Please don’t forget to share the value of our association with others – encourage them to join! NAHU and FAHU are here to assist at the state and national level. The wealth of knowledge available on the NAHU website is second to none – and our local, state, and national leaders are always here to lend an ear and provide support! As of March 15, chapter membership is at 145, with 6 New Members, already in 2022. On March 29 we are holding a Special Virtual Legislative Update and will be recognizing our members who have helped to make this such a great year, by recruiting new members, qualifying for LPRT, contributing to our State PAC, as well as HUPAC, and have received awards in the past year. We are also happy to offer a New Member Orientation at the end of this meeting. We hope all are able to join us.
CFAHU is a local chapter of the National Association Of Health Underwriters (NAHU). NAHU represents more than 100,000 licensed health insurance agents, brokers, general agents, consultants and benefit professionals through more than 200 chapters across America. CFAHU members service the health insurance needs of large and small employers as well as people seeking individual health insurance coverage. Every day, CFAHU members work to obtain insurance for clients who are struggling to balance their desire to purchase high-quality and comprehensive health coverage with the reality of rapidly escalating medical care costs. As such, one of our primary goals is to do everything we can to promote access to affordable health insurance coverage.
CFAHU members help thousands of consumers by guiding them through the complexities of health insurance purchasing and enrollment, while ensuring they get the best policy at the most affordable price. We seek to understand each personal situation to create recommendations that complement a client’s financial and medical security needs. And our job does not end with the sale. Our licensed producers help their clients with claims issues, service questions and compliance matters throughout the life of each policy they sell.
Our members have a unique understanding of consumer health care needs, the perspective of business owners and the economic realities of health insurance markets. We not only sell traditional health insurance products, but also coverage such as dental, long-term care, disability, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements and a variety of consumer-driven products. Members agree to abide by NAHU’s Code of Ethics, which requires them to always make health care coverage recommendations with the customer’s best interest in mind.
CFAHU offers its members a multitude of educational opportunities, including advanced designation programs, continuing-education classes and online learning. CFAHU members are provided with professional conferences and networking functions, publications and business-development tools. We also conduct advocacy efforts at the state and federal levels of government to advance the interests of health insurance professionals and to promote affordable and responsible private health insurance market solutions.
CFAHU represents 1,000+ licensed health insurance agents, brokers, general agents, consultants and benefit professionals across Central Florida. CFAHU membership provides many advantages and benefits:
- Legislative Advocacy: NAHU has become a recognized authority in health care in Washington, DC, and FAHU is well respected in Tallahassee. The larger our membership, the stronger our voice.
- Continuing Education: CFAHU offers our members quality educational opportunities to increase their knowledge and expertise and to obtain their required continuing education credits.
- Networking: CFAHU provides opportunities for you to form useful relationships. We host luncheons, educational seminars, charitable fundraisers and much more. Through networking opportunities, you will gain valuable business relationships.
- Publications: NAHU’s America’s Benefit Specialist magazine provides information on new products and markets, effective sales techniques and industry developments that you won’t find elsewhere. NAHU’s legislative newsletters provide you with current information about laws and regulations that will affect your clients and your business. FAHU’s monthly newsletter will keep you informed of what is happening throughout the state and you will receive regular legislative updates throughout the session in Tallahassee. The CFAHU monthly newsletter will let you know about all of our local chapter activities.
- Member-Only Discounts: NAHU members are eligible for discounts on products and services that can enhance their business success and increase their bottom line, including E&O insurance, technology, and compliance savings.
- MUCH MORE!